Thursday, January 27, 2011

Things that bother me, the corporate edition.

I have a wonderful job. I actually do. I do love my office and the people in it. This is not to say there aren't some things that drive me batshit crazy. I like lists, so without further ado:



  1. Hang-ups. You called, my caller ID says you did. Yet after I get two words into my greeting you hang up. Why? Did my voice offend you? Were you hoping for someone else to answer? Well, I'm sorry, it's kinda my job to answer the phone so unless you catch me in the bathroom (which isn't hard to do, I go a lot)  you're gonna keep getting the same girl.
  2. STAPLES. I fucking hate staples. I hate them with a passion most people reserve for arch rivals and people with opposing views on politics or sports. I understand they are necessary for keeping things together. This can in fact be achieved with just one damn staple. Some people however, feel the need for the added security of 76286 staples, to keep two (and not even important) pieces of paper together. 
  3. My inability to use a highlighter. I'm seven years old, obviously. I come home on a daily basis looking like my hands got in a serious debate with a damn highlighter. I can't hold on to them, I can't use them properly and I'm sick of looking like I'm in kindergarten. 
  4. Paper cuts. Do I even need to explain this one? They suck and HR will not accept this as a reason to go home or file a worker's comp claim.
  5. Hang nails. Usually caused by excessive filing. See above for HR's opinion on the validity of a claim on this.


So there you have it. I know it's pointless bitching and it's really not even major. Like I said, I like my job and thankfully I don't have anything of importance to bitch about!  The fun times and lovely ladies in my office more than make up for the amount of staples I see on a daily basis.
 

2 comments:

  1. I swear I will write a book on my rants of waitressing one I get a different job.lol

    ReplyDelete